• The customer recently made some changes to the IP address and hostnames of their Data Domain (DD) systems.
• After committing the changes, they cannot enable the DD replication contexts anymore, and they are getting the following error message:
Communication error encountered with [destination hostname], please check if proxy [destination hostname] can be resolved from Management Host [source hostname].
1. Ensure that both source and target DD can resolve each other’s hostnames. Using ping command should do.
2. Log in via terminal console to the source DD and use the following commands to make changes:
system show ser
priv set se (use the serial number as the password)
reg show protocol.gui.ddem.inventory.1.proxy (verify if the value is correct)
reg set protocol.gui.ddem.inventory.1.proxy = [new hostname | ip address]
priv set admin
3. Enable the replication contexts.